Subject Access Request

If you have lived in Norway and require a confirmation from the Norwegian Police that you do not have a criminal record in Norway, you can apply for this through the Norwegian Consulate General in Edinburgh or any of the Honorary Consulates in Scotland.

The Norwegian Subject Access Request ('Politiattest' or 'Vandelsattest'), also known as 'Certificate of Good Conduct' provides information about your criminal record in Norway (for the last five years) and is issued by the Police in the district you lived in, in Norway.

If you live in Scotland or Northern Ireland and you wish to obtain your 'Subject Access Request', please fill in this form and appear in person either at the Consulate General or a Norwegian Honorary Consulate to have your signature and your personal data authenticated.

Please bring your passport along for a certified true copy (fee: £17). The Consulate General in Edinburgh will send your application to the police authorities in your local district, and you will be contacted directly by the police in Norway.

For english-speaking citizens, please see the english translation of the application form for guidance, but please fill in the Norwegian form

For more information about the Norwegian Subject Access Request, please click here (in Norwegian only) or contact the Norwegian Police.


General information about 'Subject Access Request', in Norwegian

Application form - Subject Access Request

English translation of the Subject Access Request Form

Send this article to a friend  
Print version

Norway - the official site in the UK / Contact the Embassy / Contact information
© 2003/2007