Work and residence permits

In order to work in Norway, most foreign citizens need a work permit. The permit must be granted before entry, and as a general rule, does not allow you to travel to Norway and wait for a decision.

For general information about Work and Residence Permits in Norway, please click here. 

Specific information about special types of permits can be found below:

EEA Nationals

Family Immigration

Seasonal Work



Working Holiday (for citizens of Australia, Canada and New Zealand)

Information about other types of permits can be found

Send this article to a friend  
Print version

Norway - the official site in the UK / Contact the Embassy / Contact information
© 2003/2007