Electronica masters Röyksopp, who recently toured the UK, are releasing their third single off the new album 'The Understanding' on Monday 21 November.
The new single, 'What else is there?', features the vocal talent of Swedish singer Karin Dreijer. To see the highly innovative music video for 'What else is there?', click here.
The band's first album 'Melody AM' sold over half a million copies alone in the UK and the follow-up has already reached top 20 positions in the UK album charts. Röyksopp has also played festivals this summer, including Glastonbury, and is renowned for its energetic performances.
The new album has received great reviews across the British press, including:
- Observer Music Monthly – “The Understanding is special, sublime work” – 5/5 – album of the month
- NME – “The Understanding is gorgeous” – 8/10
- Q – “The Understanding not only betters Melody AM, but boasts at least four huge singles, the pass mark for any great pop album” – 4/5
- Evening Standard - “An excellent follow up, that is a match for the debut” – 4/5
- The Times – “Röyksopp confirm their status as dance music’s most thrilling act” – album of the week – 4/5
- Music Week – “ looks set to provide the soundtrack to many peoples summer” – album of the week
- Mixmag – “An excellent second album “ – 4/5 - album of the month
- Sunday Telegraph “The Understanding shimmers, it pulses, it glows and it has breaks in all the right places. The years top album”
- The Guardian – “The Understanding is even more melodious, lush and seductive than their million selling debut album, and likely to become even more ubiquitous. The Understanding has the lot” – 4/5
- The Sun – “The Understanding is excellent” – 4/5
- Metro – “This is a brilliant follow up – a new benchmark for electronic pop”