Ten chefs will compete for first place in the final cook-off of the Norwegian Seafood Recipe Challenge on 23 June.
The winner will receive a unique gastronomic trip to Norway and experience first-hand the source of some of the world’s best seafood. Cash prizes will be awarded to the runners up with additional prizes provided by Laurent-Perrier Ultra Brut Champagne.
The competition, now in its seventh year, was open to all professional chefs in the UK and is run in conjunction with the Craft Guild of Chefs.
Earlier in the year, chefs were asked to send in an original recipe for a main course featuring Norwegian Cod or Norwegian Haddock with Norwegian Cold-water Prawns incorporated. A record-number of entries were received, from chefs representing all sectors of the industry. Judges from the Craft Guild of Chefs were challenged with narrowing the entries down to the final ten. They are:
- Jason Stevens - Chef, Infinium/Eurest
- Alan Gazeley - Head Chef, The Pine Marten in Harrogate
- Marco Romeo- Head Chef, BNP Paribas / Baxter & Platts
- Mark Hartstone - Head Chef, Pebble Beach
- Mark Crowe - Executive Chef, Deutsche Bank/ Elior UK
- Marco Feder - Chef de Partie, Deutsche Bank/ Elior UK
- Dory Masri - Head Chef, The Last Wine Bar
- Lara Smith - Executive Chef, Buccleuch Arms Hotel
- Andrew Ball - Jr Sous Chef, The Ritz Hotel
- Daniel O’Connell - Sous Chef, Mellon/Aramark
A panel of judges led by the Craft Guild of Chefs will select the winner, with the results being announced later that day at a lunch held at the Tenth Restaurant of the Royal Garden Hotel, Kensington High Street, London.